STATEMENT FROM WINSLOW TOWNSHIP
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”)
March 15th, 2020
We understand that potential exposure to COVID-19 is concerning. It is important that residents do not panic, but do see the guidance of a medical provider if necessary. Individuals who are experiencing shortness of breath or extreme symptoms should contact their primary health provider. It is important that individuals who feel they may have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus limit their exposure to others as much as possible.
Winslow Twp. Chief of Police George Smith would like to inform our residents that the 24/7 continuity of police services will not change during this fluid situation surrounding the Coronavirus. We have established plans and have taken measures in advance to ensure that crucial law enforcement services are not unreasonably disrupted and that employees are provided with the means to prevent or mitigate the spread of infection.
We remain committed to our mission to protect, serve and enhance the quality of life of all citizens. If you need us - we will be there like we always have. We continue to coordinate with our Fire Department and EMS partners on a daily basis to ensure we have the most updated and appropriate protocols.
After consultation with the Office of Emergency Management, the Winslow Twp. Police Chief and the Winslow Twp. Fire District and EMS, Mayor Barry Wright and Township Committee have directed the following to TAKE EFFECT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT:
- The Municipal Building will be CLOSED to the public.While Winslow Twp. essential employees will report to work, there will be limited public access.There will be public access to the Construction Office and the Office of Vital Statistics BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.You must call in advance.The telephone number for the Construction Office is 609 567-0700 x7000.The telephone number for the Office of Vital Statistics is 609 567-0700 x8009.There will be a lock box in the police station lobby at the Municipal Building for tax, utility and municipal court payments.Payments can also be made on-line and by regular mail.
- The Planning Board and Zoning Board meetings for the month of March are POSTPONED to a future date.
- The Bud Duble Center and the Star Building are CLOSED until further notice.
- Township senior bus service has been SUSPENDED until further notice.Senior residents and others may contact the Winslow Twp. Clerk’s Office at (609) 567-0700 ext. 8000 for further information.
- All large gatherings, sports/recreational activities and other public events at Winslow Twp. parks and fields are POSTPONED until further notice.
- Municipal Court is POSTPONED until further notice.
- The Winslow Twp. Committee Meetings will continue to be held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month beginning at 7 PM with remote audio access for the public only for the time being.To attend the meeting via conference call please follow the following procedures:
The number for those who wish to listen or participate in the Township Meeting may call in via conference call by using the following:
Access Code 1221
Bridge Number 855003
- All other meetings, programs and events at all Township parks and facilities are SUSPENDED until further notice.
- Municipal trash collection and recycling shall continue as usual at this time.
These actions are being taken out of an abundance of caution and based upon information provided by National, State and County health related entities. On March 9, 2020, The Honorable Philip D. Murphy, Governor of the State of New Jersey, issued Executive Order No. 103 declaring a State of Emergency empowering municipalities to take action consistent therewith, including action by local officials to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of Winslow Township from any actual or potential threat or danger that may exist from the possible exposure to COVID-19.
Winslow Twp. is committed to protecting our residents, staff and the entire community throughout this public health situation while maintaining emergency and essential public services. Township representatives will continue to remain in contact with health care professionals to determine any and all actions moving forward and will update the community accordingly.
For future updates, all residents are encouraged to visit our website at: https://www.winslowtownship.com, subscribe to the Township Nixle notification system by texting your zip code to 888777, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.