If you’re interested in having a block party this summer, here is what you need to know, and how to proceed:
1. A letter of request, addressed to the Municipal Clerk’s Office indicating the date, time and street the block party is on, don’t forget to include a rain date. Your letter needs to be submitted 30 days prior to the day of the event, in order to be reviewed by the Police Department, and then placed on a Governing Body meeting.
2. The letter must contain the name, address, home phone and cell phone number of the person who is coordinating the block party. The reason we need this information is so that a Police Officer can contact you in order to discuss the day’s events and go over safety precautions.
3. The letter should include all the homes on the block, allowing for one adult representative from the household acknowledging they have no objections to the block party.
Winslow Township Clerk’s Office
125 S. Route 73
Braddock, NJ 08037
On Saturday, June 17, 2017 (rain date Sunday, June 18th) the residents of Summer Court (between Street A & Street B) will be holding a block party from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm. By signing below, the resident on Summer Court, have indicated they have no objections to the schedule block party.
ADDRESS PRINT NAME SIGNATURE
1 Summer Court
2 Summer Court
3 Summer Court
4 Summer Court
I am the coordinator for the block party. I can be reached at 609-000-0000 to discuss the day’s events and any safety precautions for the day of the event.
2 Summer Court
Sicklerville, NJ 08081
4. After the letter is received in the Clerk’s Office, it will be sent to the Police Department for review, and for the Traffic Unit to make contact with the signor of the letter regarding the dos and don’ts of a block party.
5. Upon receipt of a report from the Police Department, the request will be placed on the Governing Body’s agenda for consideration. Subsequent to the meeting, a letter will be sent to the coordinator.